Discover a broad selection of ready-made and custom blinds at Carpet Call
No matter what type of windows you have, or what’s on your interior decor wish list, you can find the right blinds at Carpet Call. Our window dressing experts can help you choose the right style and size for your needs during a free in-home measure service.
A wide selection of styles for every window
At Carpet Call, you’ll find an extensive collection of blinds in a range of stylish designs:
- Roller blinds: Choose from manual or motorised blinds in a range of weights — from light sunscreen blinds to heavier blackout blinds offering total privacy.
- Double roller blinds: Get the best of both worlds with light filtering blinds and blackout blinds in the same streamlined installation.
- Panel glide blinds: Cover sliding doors or create an airy room divider with versatile gliding panels in a subtle or statement fabric.
- Vertical blinds: Opt for a linear look with adjustable vertical blinds that can allow just the right amount of light into your space.
- Roman blinds: Create a soft, layered effect with pleated blinds that fold up into either a billowing balloon-style texture or sleek, linear pleats.
- Cellular blinds: Insulate your interior throughout the seasons using honeycomb-style cellular blinds that offer optimal light control.
- Venetian blinds: Benefit from the simplicity and effectiveness of this horizontal slat style that’s easy to adjust for the perfect level of privacy and light control.
- Wooden blinds: Select natural timber or faux wood for a sophisticated and high-performance solution.
Stylish colours and materials
Depending on the type of blinds you choose for your residence or commercial space, you’ll have a diverse range of materials to choose from. For instance, you can find roller blinds and panel glide blinds in a wide selection of fabrics in colours, textures and fibres to fit within any decor scheme. Whether you prefer a dark wood finish or sleek ivory-coloured aluminium blinds, the slat style window coverings at Carpet Call are available in several durable and low-maintenance materials and in an elegant palette of colours.
To see how different blinds will look in your rooms and window frames, book a free in-home measure and quote service with Carpet Call.
Solutions for privacy, light control, energy efficiency and more
Blinds aren’t just for show; they can solve a range of comfort and privacy issues with ease. The blinds specialists at Carpet Call can help you find solutions for any of the following:
- Light control, shade and UV protection at any time of day.
- Adjustable levels of privacy in any room.
- Insulation to improve temperature consistency and energy efficiency.
- Other environmental concerns like high humidity.
We also carry low-maintenance, easy-to-clean blinds, manual or motorised adjustments — including child-safe blind mechanisms — and blinds to meet any budget.
How to choose the best blinds for your space
Here are some helpful tips to guide your search for the best blinds. The team at Carpet Call can help you evaluate your options and find the perfect fit during an in-home consultation.
Think about how new blinds should improve your space
Blinds have a lot to offer in terms of light control, privacy and style. Consider how much light each window gets and how you envision using the blinds throughout the day and evening. This will help you select the right combination of features.
Choose between custom-made or ready-made blinds
Ready-made blinds can often be faster and more affordable than custom-made blinds. However, certain windows and doors may require a custom solution. Choosing custom blinds is also the best way to keep different window coverings consistent throughout your room or residence.
Keep in mind additional window treatment features
In addition to blinds, shutters and soft window furnishings like sheer curtains, valances or ornate drapes may be part of your overall vision. It’s important to select blinds that will work harmoniously with the other types of window treatments you have planned.
Visit our Blinds Buying Guide for more tips and ideas.
What are the benefits of blinds?
Windows are wonderful — but they never quite feel complete without adjustable blinds. The benefits of blinds include:
- Privacy: Blinds offer access to views of the outside while allowing the ideal level of privacy.
- Light control: Different styles enable adjustable levels of light filtration, whether you prefer pooling sunlight, shade or a total blackout effect as the day progresses.
- Temperature control: With insulating properties, many types of blinds can help keep warm air in or out, depending on the season.
- Practicality: For quick and convenient adjustments, blinds are available with several easy-to-operate mechanisms, including cords, chains and wands as well as spring-assisted systems and fully motorised solutions.
- Aesthetic appeal: Blinds complete a room and complement other design features thanks to a range of colour, material and texture options.
How much should I pay for blinds?
Blinds are an inexpensive way to decorate your home, and Carpet Call offers a quality range of fabrics and styles suitable for any budget. Factors including the style, material and size will impact the price, as will your choice between custom or ready-made blinds.
Book a free in-home measure and quote service with Carpet Call to see different styles in person and find out how much it would cost to fit blinds into your home or commercial space. We can help you find the right blinds to suit any window, door or budget.
What size blinds do I need?
Measuring for blinds will depend on whether you’re choosing blinds to mount on the inside or outside of your window frame. In general, the size you select should match either the inside or outside width of your window, per the mounting type, with sufficient length to reach the bottom of the frame when fully extended. However, different styles, like panel glide windows, have more nuanced sizing and installation requirements.
At Carpet Call, we can produce custom blinds to fit the exact measurements of any window or door frame. Our team can help you determine what size blinds you’ll need during a free in-home measuring service.
What factors should I consider before choosing blinds?
With so many different types of blinds on offer, it’s important to focus on the most important factors when making a decision:
- Product specifications: For the best results, opt for high-quality products that fit properly and tick all the boxes, from style and convenience to privacy and comfort.
- Customer service and installation: Choosing and fitting blinds can be a frustrating experience without the right support. Look for excellent service and experienced installers to make choosing blinds a breeze.
- Cost: It’s important to find blinds that work well for your space without busting the budget.
At Carpet Call, we’re eager to help you find the right solution at the right price. Give us a call at 1300 502 427 or pop into your local store to see how we can help.
Should blinds be lighter or darker than walls?
In terms of Venetian and vertical blinds, it’s common to choose blinds that match the window trim or are slightly darker. However, fabric styles like Roman blinds and roller blinds can work wonderfully in an accent colour that suits the room. The specific colour you choose for your blinds will be a personal style choice, and we’re happy to help you arrive at a decision you love during an in-home consultation.
For more answers to your questions, please refer to our Blinds FAQs page.